- CBA on
- CBA Media
Partner, Head of America’s Results Delivery Practice
Bain & Company
Richard has over 20 years consulting experience across the globe. He joined Bain in 2001 in Sydney. He has lived in London, Sydney, Tokyo and now lives in New York. He is leads Bain’s Results Delivery Practice in the Americas and is a member of Bain’s Financial Services and Performance Improvement practices. He earned a BA in Physics from Oxford University and an MBA at Australian Graduate School of Management.
Richard has worked extensively with companies on multi-year transformative change. Experience includes:
- Supported a P&C insurer with a multi-year turnaround of the business including a $500M cost takeout and capability development program. The work included developing the strategy, operating model and transformation program, and then supporting specific initiatives. In phase 2 developed a growth program and delivery architecture;
- Worked with a bank over 5 years on a corporate strategy, cost take-out and transformation of branches, contact centers, corporate functions, customer experience, products and pricing. During this time also;
- Supported the set-up and delivery of a major merger integration;
- Worked with a wealth and asset manager over 2 years on a cost and growth turnaround plan that resulted in a 3x improvement in the share price;
- Developed and supported execution of a digital transformation for a Canadian retail bank across cards and banking, including transforming branches, contact centers and customer experience;
- Developed a digital transformation plan for a US regional bank;
- Developed a growth strategy for a credit bureau then designed and mobilized the program of change;
- Richard also advises clients on the topics of change leadership and change management;
- Richard has significant experience working with banks, insurance companies, wealth managers and the financial services ecosystem. He co-leads Bain’s global Retail Bank of the Future initiative and is focused on the actions managers should take to embrace digital
Prior to Bain, Richard worked with Accenture on technology projects in Asia and UK.
APPEARING AT CBA LIVE...
See Richard during Wednesday morning's Super Session entitled "Compensating Your Teams for Cross-Selling."