- CBA on
- CBA Media
Small Business Lending
Small business lending is a top priority for CBA’s member banks. CBA strongly believes small businesses are the lifeblood of the U.S. economy and we remain committed to improving the small business lending environment and process through pro-business legislation and regulation. Collectively, CBA’s member banks have over $200 billion in small business loans on their books, and remain committed to exploring innovative ways to address the needs of lenders and borrowers alike.
- October 28, 2016Crystal Ball: the CFPB’s 2017 Priorities During a speech earlier this week, CFPB Director Richard Cordray outlined the Bureau’s three priority areas for enforcement actions and supervision in 2017: consumer complaints, redlining and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) violations. In light of the recent Appeals Court decision, which rejected the CFPB’s interpretation of portions of RESPA...
- September 27, 2016 - 2:00PMPastWith consumer loans up 18% in two years ( TransUnion 2016 Personal Loan Forecast) , you may not be taking full advantage of a booming market. Join this webcast and learn how to use new business marketing intelligence, like geo targeting, market segmentation, and location and spatial analytics to maximize your loan marketing efforts without disrupting your current processes. You'll also learn...
- September 12, 2016September 12, 2016 The Honorable Jeb Hensarling Chairman Committee on Financial Services U.S. House of Representatives Washington, D.C. 20515 Dear Chairman Hensarling, The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) applauds the goal of H.R. 5983, the Financial CHOICE Act of 2016, to reform the financial services regulatory framework and reduce regulatory burdens on financial institutions. CBA is the...
- September 7, 2016 - 2:00PMPastConsumers who use digital banking have long been touted as being among a financial institution's most valuable, but hard numbers have been hard to come by
- August 1, 2016On Monday, August 1, 2016, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Fed) released its Senior Loan Officers (SLOs) Opinion Survey on Bank Lending Practices which addressed lending to businesses and households over the past three months. Regarding business loans, the survey indicated banks tightened their standards for commercial and industrial real estate loans over the second quarter...June 28, 2016On Tuesday, June 28, 2016, the FDIC announced a forthcoming small business survey. The survey will go to 2,000 banks in late June and seeks to gain information on “many aspects of small business lending, including nationally representative information on the general characteristics of banks’ small business borrowers, the types of credit offered to small businesses, and the relative importance of...June 2, 2016Claiming Americans consumers have been “set up to fail” by the short-term lending industry, federal regulators on Thursday issued sweeping new rules that would drastically alter the payday and title lending industries. Under the proposed rule from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, short-term lenders would have to verify borrowers’ ability to promptly repay loans, and be prevented from...May 17, 2016 - 2:00PMPastBranch transactions are declining rapidly across the industry driving bank-level decisions to consolidate the network. However, despite the reduction in overall branch transaction volumes, Small Businesses remain heavily reliant on the branch for new account acquisition and servicing, creating a challenge for banks trying to migrate businesses to lower-cost, self-service channels.May 13, 2016On Tuesday, May 11, 2016, the U.S. Treasury Department published a white paper addressing the emerging marketplace lending sector of finance. Entitled: “Opportunities and Challenges in Online Marketplace Lending,” the document follows a Request for Information (RFI) issued in late 2015. Treasury described the document as a process to better understand the potential opportunities and risks...February 18, 2016 - 2:00PMPastUS Consumers are a fickle bunch, particularly when it comes to financial services (banking, auto loans, credit cards, even alternative lending). FICO recently completed a study of these consumers and has uncovered some fascinating insights.