- CBA on
- CBA Media
Fair Lending/Responsible Banking
Fair lending principles are embraced by CBA members. Regulatory enforcement, however, is an increasingly complex area of compliance, and has become even more challenging with the intense search at the state and federal levels for 'predatory lending' practices. To encourage self-evaluation, CBA helped establish a privilege for self-testing for fair lending compliance. CBA also is responding to new fair lending guidelines and protecting banks from unnecessary and burdensome small business data collection.
- September 8, 2017It’s very tempting for marketers to think of their marketing activities in terms of channels like search, display, direct mail, and email. This approach can be dangerous as consumers don’t think by channel. Savvy marketers should be looking deeper to see a more powerful prediction of behavior and common thread that ties these channels together: Marketing Signals. Consumers create signals when...
- September 6, 2017Bank marketers are being challenged to deliver better results at greater speed and less cost. Its stretching and challenging org structures throughout the industry in ways we haven’t seen before and it’s never been more daunting than in today’s digital marketplace, where prospects roam across many channels expecting personalized service. Is your marketing team prepared to compete and win in this...
- August 24, 2017Can your organization meet heightened demands for compliance data and analytics (D&A)? How can you help your organization to prepare to meet regulatory expectations today and into the future? This paper sets forth five key areas that CCOs can utilize as they chart a course for more robust, and predictive, D&A capabilities. The viewpoints presented in this paper leverage the experience and...
- July 31, 2017July 31, 2017 The Honorable Melvin L. Watt Director Federal Housing Finance Agency 400 7th Street, SW Washington, DC 20219 cc: Office of Housing and Regulatory Policy RE: Improving Language Access in Mortgage Lending and Servicing Dear Director Watt: The American Bankers Association (ABA), the Consumer Bankers Association (CBA), the Housing Policy Council of the Financial Services Roundtable (HPC...
- July 12, 2017July 13, 2017 The Honorable Blaine Luetkemeyer Chairman Committee on Financial Services Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit U.S. House of Representatives 2230 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, D.C. 20515 The Honorable Lacy Clay Ranking Member Committee on Financial Services Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit U.S. House of Representatives 2428...
- June 21, 2017 - 2:00PMPastJune 21, 2017June 21, 2017 The Honorable James Mattis Secretary of Defense 1000 Defense Pentagon Washington, DC 20301-1000 Dear Mr. Secretary, As we approach the first anniversary of the implementation of the Department of Defense’s amended Military Lending Act (MLA) Regulation, the Financial Trade Associations – the American Bankers Association, the American Financial Services Association, the Association of...June 21, 2017On Friday, June 21, 2017, CBA and other financial trades submitted a letter to the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) recommending changes to the Military Lending Act (MLA). Specifically, the letter requests the DoD: Clarify the exemption for purchase money loans (including vehicle purchase money loans) applies unless the borrower is receiving cash from the proceeds of the loan. Thus, purchase...June 14, 2017 - 10:30AMPastJune 12, 2017The right decisioning vendor can mean the difference between mediocrity and success. Wondering how to identify and choose the best vendor for your unique needs? Check out the Zoot Guide to Choosing a Decisioning Vendor for actionable insights into the selection process. Please click link to access, A Zoot Guide: How to Choose the Right Decisioning Vendor .