- CBA on
- 2018 Priorities
- Automobile Finance Committee
- CFPB Committee
- Community Reinvestment Committee
- Default Management Committee
- Deposits and Payments Committee
- Digital Channels Committee
- Education Funding Committee
- Fair and Responsible Banking Committee
- Home Equity Lending Committee
- Risk Committee
- Small Business Banking Committee
- Comment Letters
- Bank Notes
- CBA PAC
- Industry Links
- Mid-Tier Retail Executive Forum
- Hearings to Watch
- CBA Media
Education Funding Committee
CBA’s Education Funding Committee is the public policy voice for private-sector providers of higher education loans to students and families.
Fundamental changes in the student loan marketplace have resulted from new legislation eliminating private sector lenders from federal student loans and imposing new regulations on all other forms of education financing. CBA expects efforts to impose new restrictions and rules on private student loans to continue and thus will work to discourage additional federal intervention in the private student loan marketplace where such intervention undermines the ability of lenders to provide funds for college.
The Committee's focus is on promoting a private student loan market that is ethical, efficient, fair and reliable by representing CBA members through effective working relationships with legislators and federal regulators. The Committee also is working with the CFPB, which has become very engaged on private student lending and related issues, as well as facilitating communications between representatives of students, schools and policymakers.