- CBA on
- CBA Media
CBA General Issues
Items about the Consumer Bankers Association and its initiatives, including CBA Advanced Education, CBA LIVE, CBA Team news and more.
- March 24, 2017Wishing Former CBA Board Chair Mary Navarro of Huntington Well in Retirement Mary Navarro has been an indefatigable asset to CBA since she first joined our board in 2004 and served as Chair in 2011. There are very few in the industry who know the heart of retail banking as well as she does. Her dedication, passion, and care for this industry has been a shining light for CBA during what has been a...
- March 23, 2017Washington, D.C. – Today, the Consumer Bankers Association issued the following statement in honor of one of its longest-serving board members, Mary Navarro of Huntington Bancshares, Inc., in response to the company’s announcement she will be retiring. “Mary has been an indefatigable asset to our organization since she first joined our board in 2004 and served as Chair in 2011. There are very few...
- March 23, 2017Huntington Bancshares in Columbus, Ohio, has named Bank of the West executive Andy Harmening as its new head of consumer and business banking. He will succeed Mary Navarro, who is retiring after 42 years in the industry. Harmening is Bank of the West's vice chairman of consumer banking. Before joining the San Francisco unit of France's BNP Paribas in 2005, he worked in small business and...
- March 22, 2017Download Whitepape r. KPMG LLP (KPMG) is pleased to announce the release of the new point-of-view document related to our Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) Survey findings , The compliance journey: Boosting the value of compliance in a changing regulatory climate . In a time of new U.S. administrative impacts to the regulatory environment, determining how to boost the value you get from your...
- March 21, 2017On Tuesday, March 21, 2017, the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations examined whether the CFPB’s structure violates the “Separation of Powers Clause” in Article II of the Constitution. Members discussed possible changes to enhance the constitutionality and accountability of the Bureau, as it is not subject to checks and balances, such as a commission structure,...March 16, 2017 - 2:00PMPastMarch 15, 2017On Wednesday, March 15, 2017, the OCC issued a draft supplement to its licensing manual to provide Fintech companies guidance on applying for a special purpose national bank charter. In its charter evaluations, the OCC will consider the following principles: Maintaining a safe and sound banking system; Encouraging a national bank to provide fair access to financial services by helping to meet the...March 10, 2017In a letter dated Friday, March 10, 2017, House Financial Services Committee Republicans expressed concern to the OCC over the potential for a special “Fintech” charter for companies. Citing the “importance and complexity of the issue,” the letter urged the OCC not to “rush this decision.” The lawmakers said, “The OCC should provide a full and fair opportunity for stakeholders to see the details...March 10, 2017On Friday, March 10, 2017, CBA sent a letter of support to Reps. Scott Tipton (R-CO), Randy Hultgren (R-IL), Patrick McHenry (R-NC), Terri Sewell (D-AL), David Scott (D-GA) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ). The lawmakers re-introduced H.R. 1457 – the Making Online Banking Initiation Legal and Easy (MOBILE) Act of 2017, which would provide the opportunity for consumers to open bank accounts in every...March 9, 2017President Trump held a meeting at the White House on Thursday, March 9, 2017, with nine community bankers, CEO of the American Bankers Association Rob Nichols, and CEO of the Independent Community Bankers of America Camden Fine to discuss financial regulatory relief. White House officials in attendance included Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin, Director of the National Economic Council Gary...